nafex - [NAFEX] ORGANIC GRAPES/fruit experiment stations

  • From: Dee <dee@mokalive.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] ORGANIC GRAPES/fruit experiment stations
  • Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:31:25 -0600

> Thanks mIEKAL & Lon

I've found the info I needed on the state extension site and like Wisconsin,
Kansas has a 3 year
wait period. I appreciate the recommendation to not have all my property
certified. I've raised
grapes, apples and a peach for the last 5-6 years as a hobby and gardened for
ages, but still
consider myself a beginner. I really enjoy the process and all that I've
learned and am seriously
considering doing this in a bigger way. We signed this morning for our mini
"farm" and this evening
got an offer on our home here in town and have spent a considerable amount of
time cleaning this
last week. Lot of delays, but this has still got to be my luckiest day ever.

I'm considering this for my children and my health and side business, but
also because I have a
strong belief that it can be done and done right. And I am determined to
figure out how and from
what you and Lon have said his book is full of useful information and that is
what I really, really
want. It will make my job easier and more likely, successful.

Thanks,

Dee

  • [NAFEX] ORGANIC GRAPES/fruit experiment stations, Dee, 12/05/2002