nafex - [NAFEX] Bramleys (and thanks much for pear rootstock replies)

  • From: "Kevin Bradley" <edforest99@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Keivn Bradley" <edforest55@hotmail.com>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Bramleys (and thanks much for pear rootstock replies)
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 00:38:04 -0600

Frank Foltz had grown this apple topworked for many years in zone 3b, I think he would tell you that it is a zone 4 apple, I grew it for many years in zone 3a not topworked and I believe it died back to the snow line when it got colder than the mid thirties below F. Topworked it should do fine in zone three, but Frank would be the one to confirm or deny that.
Thanks for bringing that up, now that I think of it I have lost that cultivar and need to get a new supply.
kevin b

  • [NAFEX] Bramleys (and thanks much for pear rootstock replies), Kevin Bradley, 11/30/2002