nafex - [NAFEX] Nurseries

  • From: "Mike Levine" <mlevine@umich.edu>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Nurseries
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 18:55:04 -0500

I meant to send this a few days ago, but was having problems posting to this
list. I've managed to get around the problem, but not solve it.

I have to admit that a friend of mine bought an apricot as a wedding present
from Southmeadow which to his dismay, never showed up, but I must say I've
had good experiences ordering with Hartmann's. Granted, they did get one
order wrong, but when I called up to complain they didn't hesitate to ship
out the correct material and to let me keep the material they mistakenly
sent. Thanks for the info though, I'll be careful ordering from them in the
future. Any recommendations on alternative (wholesale) nurseries to order
from that are nearby and have a comparable selection of plants?

Gordon's frozen persimmons were excellent, if I had a bunch (someday...)
that I wanted to preserve, I would freeze most of them this way.

Mike Levine
Nature and Nurture, LLC
Ann Arbor, MI
Organic Gardening, Edible Landscaping, and Ecological Restoration