nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Chestnut questions

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Chestnut questions
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:30:10 -0700

Ive got 3 chinese chestnuts which I got from bear creek about 6 years ago... one is about 15 ft high with an equal crown, the second is about 8 ft high & the third is about 3 ft high... all planted at the same time, all within 30 ft of each other. this year the biggest one did not produce any nuts, the middle one produced about 30 nuts, all nicely filled, many of them with 3 nuts inside, which I figger is pretty good for a 6 year old tree. needless to say that tree is gonna get a big dose of manure this coming year.

mIEKAL