nafex - [NAFEX] apricot graft

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] apricot graft
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 03:46:38 +0000

A generous nafex friend just presented me with a Brookcot apricot he had grafted last spring. A healthy 3 ' high plant. The graft is 6" above ground, I'd like to bury the graft for frost protection, (and sprouting from the variety instead of rootstock if it should ever die back.) Are apricots vulnerable to having two year old wood buried like I want to do? Thanks, Del, snow forcast all week, none has stuck so far.

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3