nafex - Re: [NAFEX] beach plums/pollinating

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] beach plums/pollinating
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:25:30 -0500

At 02:55 PM 08/23/2002 +0000, Del wrote:
My beach plum bloomed this year - but no fruit set. I read somewhere that I need another for pollinating. I suppose it is an ignorant question , but I have made succcessful grafts of it on to choke cherry, can these supply the cross pollination? or, aren't they clones of the same plant - and so I must buy another?

Yes, Del, they're clones, so you'll either have to get another, or let me(and other NAFEXers) know, and we'll be glad to send scions of those we've got growing.
Ken Asmus offers seedlings of several selected strains, pretty inexpensive.

Lucky