nafex - [NAFEX] commercial choke cherries?

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] commercial choke cherries?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:33:28 +0000

I recently called up a new local non-grape winery and asked what fruits they were short on..expecting to hear raspberries or hoping to hear currants, insead it was ....."Plant choke cherries! What I can't use I know of local jam makers who will buy the rest. We pay a dollar a pound"
We have plenty of wild chokecherries in the bush, but the crop is so thin or irregular its hard to imagine picking a hundred pounds. I have never heard of a commercial planting, any one else? Del

Del Stubbs www.pinewoodforge.com ag zone2/3