nafex - [NAFEX] Court pen du plat

  • From: Terence Bradshaw <madshaw@innevi.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Court pen du plat
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:55:03 -0400

Hi all:
Seeing that some people on the list have this variety, I would like to inquire about getting some summer budwood. I am working on a project replanting the original orchard at the Justin Morrill homestead in Strafford, VT. Morril was, as many know, a Senator from Vermont, 'founder' of the land grant colleges act, and an accomplished horticulturalist. More on the project can be found here:
http://orchard.uvm.edu/uvmapple/newsletter/2001/VAN05242001.pdf
Thanks to Richard Fahey I have found many of Morrill's original varieties in one place, but we are always looking for more. Rootstock was planed in place last week, and I'll be summer budding what I can find this July-August. Next spring we'll graft the rest with Richard's budwood.
The list we are working from can be found here:
http://www.uvm.edu/~tbradsha/morrill_list.htm

Thanks in advance,
Terry B
Terence Bradshaw
Pomona Tree Fruit Service
93 Stowe St
Waterbury, VT 05676
(802)244-0953
madshaw@innevi.com

The views represented are mine and mine only...

  • [NAFEX] Court pen du plat, Terence Bradshaw, 05/17/2002