nafex - [NAFEX] selling home produce legalities

  • From: heathheath@webtv.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] selling home produce legalities
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 23:13:39 -0400 (EDT)

It would sure be good news for some, to hear that those kitchen
regulations may begin to be eased up on.
The level of strictness that I notice Massachusetts, seem farily
variable.
I'm not sure if I've noticed any trend toward relaxing the rules.
At the biggest farmers market near me, for practical purposes (heavy
pressure,though no ruling) no kitchen produced items at all are allowed,
with or withouit approved, inspected facilities. Well, someone's
bringing a couple of quiches one day to market, and leaving them hours
unrefrigerated in the hot sun, , was symbolically dubiouis, even if
no other harm ensued.

I did receive the following a Tip the other day, maybe more than a wild
rumor as it came from someone with an inside track on this:
that kitchens of charitable or other charitable organizations--churches,
civic organizations like Kiwanis,Lions, etc --often either have
inspected approved kitchens--or are exempt from regulations. The story
told was one of these organizations tendiong to not at all mind letting
their facilities be borrowed for use, successfully meeting requirements
faced by the borrowe

heathheath -- Eric I. Z5 Ma.