nafex - Re: [nafex] THE LIST IS CHANGING: Please read

  • From: "Betty Mayfield" <bmayfield@columbia-center.org>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] THE LIST IS CHANGING: Please read
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:51:18 -0700

Lon,

Sorry if I misunderstood Greg's intentions. I was going by his statement in
his message of April 22: "I don't have any illusions about the success of
the list being conditional upon my involvement, and from the initial
description it sounds like moving to another site might offer some
advantages." This was followed by a sentence in his message of April 26: "
Since I have just forwarded the address list this Friday afternoon, it is
possible that Larry London may not get to some of the administrative tasks
until Monday or later."

These sentences were preceded by your own statement on April 21: " NAFEX
is all volunteer and now Larry London has volunteered to set up the new
list site for NAFEX."

And on April 20, Greg said: "I view myself as the simple caretaker of this
list. I think I have done an OK job so far. I don't get paid and I never
expect to. If the time has come to go to another system, I am agreeable,
<snip> Larry London's list might fit all of those criteria."

Although no one said anything specific, all these messages left me with the
distinct impression that Larry London was going to be the new list manager.
If I am mistaken and Greg is staying, that is great news.

Betty Mayfield

At 08:46 AM 4/27/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>PEOPLE:
> PLEASE READ THESE POSTS THOROUGHLY AND CAREFULLY!! GREG IS NOT
>LEAVING!! THE LIST IS JUST BEING MOVED TO A NEW SERVER!!
>

>I just moved a list I own to the same server and I was amazed at the number
>of people who didn't read and follow the directions. I hope the members of
>the NAFEX list do better.
>-Lon Rombough
>

>on 4/27/02 12:29 AM, Betty Mayfield at bmayfield@columbia-center.org wrote:
>
>> I do not particularly care for Yahoo, but I am sorry to lose Greg's
>> services. He has pioneered the list and seen it through its growing pains
>> and transfers. Thanks for your work, Greg.
>>
>> Betty Mayfield
>>
>> At 03:31 PM 4/26/2002 -0800, Greg wrote:
>>> Dear list:
>>>
>>> A transition is in progress to move this list from Yahoogroups.com to a
>> university
>>> based server. You will receive a test message, introductory info, and
>> other pertinent
>>> messages within the next few days.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>> There will be a few bumps, but I anticipate a positive change on balance.
>> Sorry to
>>> all those who liked the Yahoogroups.com service. Please bear with the
>> change.
>>>
>>> Greg Miller

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.