nafex - [nafex] THE LIST IS CHANGING: Please read

  • From: "Greg Miller" <gsmiller@cet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] THE LIST IS CHANGING: Please read
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:31:12 -0800

Dear list:

A transition is in progress to move this list from Yahoogroups.com to a
university
based server. You will receive a test message, introductory info, and other
pertinent
messages within the next few days.

Although some transition time is required, the goal is to try to make the
change
complete by May 1 if possible. Since I have just forwarded the address list
this
Friday afternoon, it is possible that Larry London may not get to some of the
administrative tasks until Monday or later. In any event, the changes will
occur in
the near future. I will give more specific details after Larry has the new
list running,
but generically you can expect something like this.

1. You will get a test message from the new list. This will happen whether
or not
you are set for "no email", "digest", or individual messages. Delivery
details may
need to be reset through the new list.

2. You will start to get duplicate messages after the new list is added as a
subscriber to the yahoogroups.com list.

3. As soon as you start to get duplicate messages, please do the following:

a. post all replies and new messages to the new list. Any messages sent to
yahoogroups.comwill be forwarded to the new list. No mailsent to the new
list will be
forwarded to yahoogroups.com. If you are not getting duplicates, it means
you are
not on the new list yet. Once you start getting duplicates, you can get all
messages
(one copy) by belonging to the new list only.

b. if you have web access AND can access Yahoogroups.com, change your
preferences to "no email". This will notify me that you are receiving mail
from the
new server.

c. alternatively send a blank message to <nafex-nomail@yahoogroups.com>

d. email addresses other than "no email" will be changed to "special
notices" after a
week or so. Those addresses will get repeated instructions on how to change.

e. if you choose to unsubscribe I will forward that info to Larry London for
removal
from the new list.

f. there will be repeat messages sent to the Yahoogroups.com site directing
people
to the new site, as well as new subscribers.

There will be a few bumps, but I anticipate a positive change on balance.
Sorry to
all those who liked the Yahoogroups.com service. Please bear with the change.

Greg Miller

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.