nafex - Re: [nafex] New Chat Line?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] New Chat Line?
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:06:53 -0700

on 4/23/02 9:31 AM, Charles Paradise at machelp@attglobal.net wrote:

> The issue isn't whether many of us are bothered by Yahoo technically, the
> issue is Lon is, and
> I want to be sensitive to his need in this and expedite to the recommended
> server
> immediately. Also, Lon I want to thank you again for all the articles
> you've
> put into the
> Pomona. The Pomona is a real recreation for my mind and recreation is a
> real
> need. Also, we need you on this list Lon and if we're afraid of
> changing server we're just going to overcome our fear because we need you.
>
> Are we being sensitive to Lon's needs in this situation?

Please don't let this become about just me. I really think the list would
benefit from a new, private, university server. Yahoo does too many things
in the name of money that I'm not found of. How many of you have gotten the
Nigerian scam letter? It's always from a Yahoo address. Terrorists use
Yahoo (and Hotmail) to communicate, too. This on top of porn and spam that
comes through Yahoo. It might not be so bad if they weren't so totally
inaccessible, but try to find a live person there any more. You can't.
Don't you want to move to disassociate from that sort of thing, too.
But don't make this issue about one person. I am not worth it - no one
is. I knew several people that were wonderful fonts of knowledge when I
joined NAFEX and everyone bemoaned their loss, but the group went on and
keeps growing and sharing the knowledge they acquire. THAT's what counts.
-Lon Rombough

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.