nafex - [nafex] BBQ Briquettes

  • From: Don Yellman <dyellman@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] BBQ Briquettes
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 17:32:49 -0400

Tom:

BBQ briquettes are usually a blend of vegetable charcoal with coal, and
also contain binders to hold the things together. Their ash is likely to
contain metals, some of which you may not want in your soil.
Some people will pay a premium price for "natural" all-vegetable
charcoal because of the coal component in briquettes, and I often buy it
myself when I see it because it burns nicer. I routinely spread ash
from the woodstove over the lawn and garden, but briquette ash goes out
in the trash.

Rgds, Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.