nafex - [nafex] Re: suggestions on a small berry bush

  • From: "lostman_amiga" <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: suggestions on a small berry bush
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:17:33 -0000

Thanx for all the suggestions. Yes, I am in Atlanta.

I was thinking that I would put som gooseberries near one of my trees
so it would get some partial shade, but I guess I could try them here
too. I was told the currents and goosberries may not do well here
because they like the cold, but I may try it anyway. I dont remember
seeing anything about chilling requirements though. Are Pixwell and
Glendale a dessert variety?

I may try the Crandells. Alot of people seem to like them. I love the
smell of cloves.

--- In nafex@y..., Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@m...> wrote:
> At 05:47 AM 04/15/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> >on 4/15/02 5:36 AM, ribes60@a... at ribes60@a... wrote:
> >
> > > Depending on where you are located, you may consider gooseberry.
They
> > > (depending on variety) remain about 2.5 to 3.5 feet tall and
about the same
> > > width.
>
> I think Robert is in Atlanta ... is that right, Robert?
>
> If so, I'd suspect that Pixwell and Glendale would be his best bets
on
> gooseberries that'll handle the heat down there in Hot'Lanta. What
do you
> think, Ed?
> Lucky Pittman
> USDA Zone 6