nafex - [nafex] Pressure treated / Plant moving

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Pressure treated / Plant moving
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:10:15 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I took no chances and lined the sides with plastic. Now the soil never
touches the pressure treated lumber.

Also want to report on lining my planting holes for nursery trees with
plastic.

I have lots of large, heavy duty platic bags from using softner salt. I
rinse these bags and use them for hole liners when planting small trees.
When it is time to move the trees 1-2 years later they come easily out of
the ground, all roots intact.

Just be sure to punch some holes in the bottom of the plastic liner for
drainage. Also seems to conserve watering this way.

Later, Tom

--

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Ginda Fisher wrote:

> Pressure treated lumber is treated with arsenic, and is quite toxic. I
> would not want to grow foodcrops next to it. (I didn't use it for my

Buy Stock for $4
and no minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/k6cvND/n97DAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM