nafex - Re: [nafex] dried currants/grapes

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] dried currants/grapes
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:15:08 -0800

Black Corinth is also known as Zante Currant. I grow it in my collection and
have written a piece about it that you can read on Grapeseek.com I think
there is a link from my website to the article, but I haven't had time to
look lately - I just let my webmaster handle things.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, more, plus word on my grape book at
http://www.bunchgrapes.com

----------
>From: Suzi Teghtmeyer <srt175f@smsu.edu>
>To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [nafex] dried currants/grapes
>Date: Thu, Mar 21, 2002, 12:51 PM
>

>Del,
>If you can, read this USDA Bulletin. It provides a comprehensive look at
>growing this lesser-known Vitis vinifera L. variety, originally from
>ancient Greece.
>
>Husmann, G. C. 1920. Currant-grape growing: A promising new industry.
>Bulletin 856. U.S.
>Dept. Agr., Washington, D.C.
>
>---------Suzi
>(Very cold here in MO, but the crocus (among other things) are still perky!)
>
>At 08:22 PM 03/21/2002 +0000, del stubbs wrote:
>>I just saw a clipping that said that the dried currants/currant raisens one
>>can buy are not..rather they are a type of grape. As I enalrge my curant
>>crop I was wondering what kind are used, hmmmm. Can anyone enlighten me?
>>Bernie we got the tail of your weather...minus 12F this morn. Del
>>
>>Del Stubbs
>>ag zone 2/3
>>Pinewood Forge

>4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting and
>NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.
FREE Money 2002.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BgmYkB/VovDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM