nafex - Re: [nafex] Bill's Nectar Peachcot

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Bill's Nectar Peachcot
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:02:02 -0600

At 10:11 AM 03/21/2002 -0500, Claude wrote:
>Buy yourself one of these artificial snow machines that they use in ski
>centers, blow 6 feet of snow in your orchard, and the time required to melt
>the snow will delay bloom past the late freeze date...
>But I will agree with you that this method also has some inconveniences.

Thanks, Claude 8>)
Got any idea how long I'd have to keep that snow-maker running on those
stretches of 70+ degree days we frequently get from time to time during
January, February, and March?
Might have to keep that sucker running full-time to stay ahead of the
melting process. LOL.

Guess I could move it over to the pond dam(the only spot steep enough to
sled down) on cold days, but I'd have to move the fence at the bottom of
the dam to keep the kids from getting decapitated or shocked when they got
to the bottom.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY

FIND OLD SCHOOL FRIENDS and OLD FLAMES
Click here to start your search at Reunion.com today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/NFsLKA/Dn2DAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM