nafex - [nafex] Aromatnaya Quince

  • From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Aromatnaya Quince
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:12:41 -0500

It's true an Aromatnaya can be eaten ripe off the tree, but it doesn't mean
you'll want to. I guess they aren't as unpleasant to eat as other quinces,
but they'll never replace apples, pears, etc. I've had an Aromatnaya for
several years and it's very productive and, until last year, disease free.
Last year it got a case of Quince Rust, but there has never been any sign of
fire blight. I grow it for making jelly and immigrants from eastern &
southern Europe who live in the neighborhood get the excess.
Bruce in CT

2,000,000,000 Web Pages--you only need 1. Save time with My Lycos.
http://my.lycos.com

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!