nafex - key lime

  • From: <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: <ginda@concentric.net>
  • Subject: key lime
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:54:35 -0600

Ginda, My parents in Florida always have a Key lime tree, and have planted many seedlings.  The seedlings are always ver thorny, and never crop.  They would eventually, in 5-7 years, but my parents always chuck them out before then.  Citrus seedlings suffer from "prolonged juvenility" which means thorniness and no crops.  Seedlings also produce less for the space.  You'd do better with Meyer lemon anyway.  Cuttings do well, if you know someone to send you a few.  Donna

  • key lime, redherring, 03/14/2002