nafex - [nafex] copying the post being replied to: please don't

  • From: "Nell Lancaster" <nlancaster@rockbridge.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] copying the post being replied to: please don't
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 11:17:52 -0500

Pete Benfield asked : >> Also: when I get the email updates, many ,
many e mails are enclosed....even the old ones....is this thing
working correctly....do you all get a long list of e mails also ? <<

This is something that's been maddening to me about the NAFEX list for
a long time. Way too many members, especially way too many of you who
have been active members for a long time, ignore the advice to turn
off the setting in their e-mail that automatically copies the post
being replied to. So when you reply to a post that was part of the
daily digest, we are "treated" to a re-play of all the previous day's
posts. This means those of us who read the NAFEX list in digest form
end up scrolling through screeens and screens of junk in order to find
the next 'real' post. It also wastes enormous amounts of space in the
Yahoogroups archive.

Please, please read the guidelines and follow them, especially the
first and last:

>> 1) Please sign your posting. Include climate and location
information if relev[a]nt.
4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a
posting and NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting
was large). <<

Thanks.

Nell Lancaster, Lexington, Virginia
nlancaster@rockbridge.net