nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: chestnuts

  • From: mIEKAL <dtv@mwt.net>
  • Cc: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: chestnuts
  • Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 10:06:44 -0600

If Durand is near Menominee I would call that zone 3, or at least it was zone
3 until the last 10 years or so. I dont know much about the particular stand
in the experimental forest other than Ive run into it in a number of
references in various literatures. Why I havent gone & tried to find some
nuts, I dunno. Its a beautiful woods that's is barely used.

mIEKAL

"Erdman, Jim" wrote:

> There is a chestnut tree in downtown Durand, cold edge of zone 4, (except
> that it is in town not too far from the river) that we have gotten a few
> nuts to plant from in past years. Most years we aren't lucky enough to get
> there when the nuts are still on the ground.
> Did I read something about blight or other problems in the grove near
> LaCrosse in the last couple of years, or was that another grove in Wis?
>
> Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI

Buy Stock for $4.
No Minimums.
FREE Money 2002.