nafex - Re: [nafex] Severe Climate Apple Pruning

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Severe Climate Apple Pruning
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 07:47:23 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Bernie Nikolai wrote:

> <snip> I suppose I could wax all pruning cuts, and prune in March or
> early April without damage, but that's a ton of work. <snip>

Hi,

Could this be made easier with a different type of wax?

The wax rings that they use to seal toilets to the stack pipe is very
soft, and very pliable. You can scoop it out and spread it with a single
finger, but it does not run like melted wax, it is in a solid form.

If you stuffed this in an empty soup can, and hung it around your neck it
would be handy, and not that much work.

Keep in mind that toilet seals have to stay pliable even in cold
conditions, so I assume it will be workable in winter. They are also very
inexpensive.

Just a suggestion.

Later,
Tom