nafex - [nafex] Re: Fluff in Florida

  • From: "fuwafuwaosagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Fluff in Florida
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:02:05 -0000

Donna wrote:

Fluffy,
I lived in the hellhole called Florida for 12 years of my life. I
don't know what terrible thing I did in some former life to deserve
that, but I hope you haven't done anything equally bad. You can get
out of the worst of the snow without giving up THAT much quality of
life.

My reply:

This is hilarious; I greatly enjoyed your "prose". And I am very
carefully considering Florida. I am working in Boca Raton now. It is
very "tropical looking". Normally I would just simply ask the
people who grow things, but I have yet to find anyone working in a
yard who spoke anything other than Spanish here (seriously).

Several people have suggested "wintering in Florida" but I am curious
about that. If you have an orchard up north don't you still have to
return when it is pretty darn cold to observe your plants for dormant
spraying, and bud breaks? I mean where I am (in a political and
social hell hole outside of Chicago IL)Feb-April can range anywhere
from +60 to -20.

So I am curious does anyone who grows much actually do the Florida
winter thing? How do you time your return? Do you have a set
schedule or do you observe weather patterns?

Wishing all of you the very best,

Kevin(the fluffy bunny, currently enjoying 75+ degree days in Boca
Raton while his wife and son deal with a Chicago winter, ahh...it's a
job but someone has to do it)

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!