nafex - Re: [nafex] Digest Number 969

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Digest Number 969
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 11:47:51 -0500

Pete
I think that is the main problem with people saying pawpaws are hard to
graft and take. I have lost very few. I have three mother trees that I have
about 20 varieties on, so that if I do loose a tree or something all is not
lost. I then work them on small seedlings of 12 to 18 inches mostly. My
success rate must be over 90% and some of them the seedling dies or rabbits
chew them off so I protect them now with tree pros. I use the same method I
use on all fruit trees. Nuts some different.
Gordon C. Nofs Flint, MI zone 5