nafex - [nafex] Re: Joy/Jan/Joel bush cherries

  • From: "edforest2010" <edforest55@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Joy/Jan/Joel bush cherries
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 19:57:22 -0000

Funny I was about to ask if anyone had tasted these fruits. Do they
make pies that taste like cherry pie? That's the big question for
me. If you haven't made a pie with them, do you think they would
make an authenically tasting cherry pie. What DO they taste like
fresh? Also, could you tell us the size of the three, which one is
biggest, smallest, in between?
Much thanks
Kevin B
--- In nafex@y..., DocKW@a... wrote:
> So far, after 4 years, my Jan and Joy bushes have fruited profusely
and have
> no sign of black knot on them, This year I have a lot of black knot
on
> several plums immediately adjacent to the Jan and Joy plants.
> IMHO, they might be worth something for pollenation, but the fruit
is nothing
> to write home about.
> Karl Olson,
> amateur, Zone 5 Connecticut