nafex - [nafex] Re: Cornelian Cherry

  • From: "kc5gxc" <pete@cmpsource.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Cornelian Cherry
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 01:39:48 -0000

Hello Hector
Thanks for the info.They do have silvery undersides to the leaves.
Almost seem to be evergreen, as no leaves dropped yet on the small
plants I have. I have been told the same thing by a few other good
people. I am sure you are right. Is the Elaeagnus Uniflora (the one
you mention) the same as Eleagnus Multiflora....with different
spellings on each word? By the way, the Aromatnaya and Smyrna quinces
I got from Hidden Springs Nursery are both doing really good here in
zone 8b, South La. and they are about 2 years old now. Beautiful
plants and I can't wait until they fruit !
Thanks a lot, Pete Benfield

--- In nafex@y..., hector black <hblack@T...> wrote:
> Hello Pete, Sounds like you have a Goumi or Elaeagnus uniflora.
Thge
> family all have silvery undersides to leaves, and our goumi has
tart fruit
> in May, very ornamental. We use them mixed with other (especially
bland
> fruits) in jams and jellies. Hector Black zone 6 middle TN

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM