nafex - Re: [nafex] Mistletoe

  • From: nottke <nottke@ols.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Mistletoe
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:37:33 -0400

I have a very large Black Gum (Nyssa sylvatica) that has a few large and
many small clumps of mistletoe on it. The tree has had mistletoe on it for
at least 30 years and seems to be doing fine.
Since mistletoe is the only host plant for the Great Purple Hairstreak
butterfly, I am glad to have the mistletoe.

Jim Nottke
Pfafftown, NC 27040
nottke@ols.net

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM