nafex - Charles Paradise Photo 1: Walden Pond

  • From: Charles Paradise <Charlie@verizon.net>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Subject: Charles Paradise Photo 1: Walden Pond
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 05:50:27 -0800

Charlie says:
OK, from the title you must expect a picture of water, reflections of tree leaves, perhaps.  Well, this is part of the Walden Pond experience, as I have known it, as it looked walking to Walden Pond by the back side, over the railroad tracks.  This is the underside of the bridge you drive over on Rt. 2 driving east to Boston or west to Greenfield.  We just love the graffitti drawn here - if this fantastic extravagant mural - can be called graffitti.  This forsaken unappreciated rarely seen spot just a few hundred feet from $800,000 homes to me is part of my concept of Thoreau's statement "in wildness is the preservation of man", the boldness and spirit of whoever the artist is who rendered this fantastic art is the human counterpart of the coyote-wolf hybrid wild canines whose existence in packfuls in Concord is tolerated by Concord's residents only because of the residents ability to ignore the pack's existence in their very midst.
Yes, that's me :-)  In this email-quality jpg about all you're going to see is the outline of me.
Thanks to Jordan Spiers for snapping this picture and sending me the print to scan.
One further thought:  don't worry about the controversy of returning wolves to Yellowstone.  You see, the coyotes of today are nothing like the coyotes of Thoreau's times.  They have crossbred with wolves, and so, you see, the wolves, really, have returned, and they are everywhere.
Charles Paradise             December 17, 2001

If for some reason you can't see the photo here in the email, you can copy this long address into your browser window and view the photo in your browser:
http://pws.prserv.net/usinet.c2dice/personalphotos/Photo1waldenpong.jpg

It's OK to forward this to others, if you wish, but please not to anyone in Concord?   OK?!
Charlie

  • Charles Paradise Photo 1: Walden Pond, Charles Paradise, 12/17/2001