nafex - [nafex] Re: reply to blueberries/wool/mulch

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: reply to blueberries/wool/mulch
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:59:21 -0000

I'll reccommend two sources:

DeGrandChamp's is mainly wholesale, but do/did offer homeowner
packages.

<<
I will recommend 2 sources (particularly the first):

1.)
DeGrandchamp's Blueberry Farm Inc.
15575 77th Street, Drawer NG
South Haven, MI 49090
(616)637-3915, Fax: (616)637-2531
Bought six of their two year old plants, planted them this spring and
have never seen more impressive growth etc. The only critism is that
I ended up w/ 3 of the varieties being substituted.

2)
White Oak Nursery
494 White Oak Road
Strasburg, PA 17579
Good strong plants. Not as branched as the ones from DeGrandChamp's

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., Sam Franc <franc@o...> wrote:
> At 02:48 AM 11/17/2001 +0000, you wrote:
> >Thankyou for all your thoughtful replies, if I can grow a bucket of
> >blueberries for my dear wife, a I'll be one happy man!
> Have not been closely following thread.
> FWIW Here on the Oregon coast blueberries do well.
> The soil pH is about 5.
> It is not recommended to add N.
> Aluminum sulfate is added once a year
> Heavy mulch is used.
> Wood chips and sawdust.
> Except stay away from cedar sawdust.
> Drip irrigation during the summer
> My best crops come from Elliott and Nelson.
> They are late bearers so the birds have moved on by then.
> The early bearers crop but the birds get most of them.
> The early bearers also take longer for the plants to come into
bearing.
> If you can order large quantities of plants Fall Creek Nursery is
the place
> to buy from.
> Sam

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95