nafex - [nafex] fruit information

  • From: "Dean Kreutzer" <deankreutzer@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] fruit information
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:28:46 -0600

Hi Kevin,

I saw the Carmine Jewel fruit lined up beside the Evans, and I couldn't
notice a difference in size. It's hard to say for sure if the hardiness
would be carried via seed, but there is a good chance. The problem with new
cultivars is not all things can be studied to a degree where we are
confident in making a comment. For example, we have seen that they are
fairly drought tolerant, but this was noticed only on 1 location.

I would be very interested in talking to Scott about the work Dr. Hansen
did. Is there any way I can contact him?

Wayne Fuhr, a Nafex member in Edmonton has had success growing pear on
Amelanchier.

Prairie gold and sunrise are apricots released by a nursery in Saskatoon,
which I believe was bred by the Coutts family in Unity, SK. From what I
understand it is part Siberian apricot, which would mean smaller fruit, and
smaller size tree, and very hardy.

Golden spice pear was released out of Minnesota, I believe.

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!
Includes black and color ink.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Vv.L9D/MkNDAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM