nafex - Re: [nafex] Late peaches

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Late peaches
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 22:55:22 +0000

Fingerlakes Peach: FBNI says its freestone and yellow flesh
Siberian: tempting, FBNI shows no listing for a supplier, rats. Anyone know
of a new source?
Nova Pear: I had several young ones die, and were tested positive on
fireblight, as well as root problems, how's your fireblight fare?Thanks Mn
Del Z2/3

>From: "Henry W. (Hank) Parker" <parker@worldpath.net>

>I have two small trees of "Siberian Peach" from Bear Creek a few
>years ago. The fruit is small, plentiful, white flesh, freestone and
>delicious.
>
>I have a small peach that is supposed to be a Fingerlakes from
>Miller; but it may not be because the deer reduced the small tree to
>a stake a few years ago and it has regrown and is now producing. So I
>may have a Fingerlake or I may have the rootstock. The peaches are
>small, beautifully colored red skin, deep orange flesh, so far pretty
>hard, and definitely not a freestone.
>If anyone has a Fingerlake Peach, perhaps they could enlighten me
>whether that is what I have.
>
>My Nova pear is covered with delicious pears and just coming in.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ujOgTC/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM