nafex - RE: [nafex] Apple Shape

  • From: "Raby, Brian {20-4~Indianapolis}" <BRIAN.RABY@ROCHE.COM>
  • To: "'nafex@yahoogroups.com'" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Apple Shape
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:00:40 -0400

All,

I wish I had my old Fruit workbook with me, but studies have shown that the
seeds within the apple excude gibberelic (sp?) acid which directly effects
the shape of the apple. That's why pollination is so important not only to
fruit set, but to fruit size and shape.

I'll see if I can find the book tonight and give a better response later.

Brian, Indiana