nafex - [nafex] Re: Apricot for Boston?

  • From: "Christopher Mauchline" <mauch1@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Apricot for Boston?
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:04:49 -0000

>I can't find the previous discussion of "Tomcot", but remember
>someone
>praising it for northern growers. It seems to need a pollinator,
>though, and there's only room for one tree.

If you're using the web interface to YahooGroups, you can find the
Tomcot discussion BUT there is an extra step you may not realize.
I've found our archive is now so large that when you attempt to do a
search, the search engine only searches part of the archive (a
section of the most recent messages). It will display the messages
found. If you want to search older messages with the same search
string just click on the "Next" link at the bottom of the list of
search results. That will do the same search into older messages.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6

--- In nafex@y..., Ginda Fisher <ginda@c...> wrote:
> I would like to buy an apricot tree as a housewarming gift for a
> friend. He just moved to a place in Cambridge, MA, which is a warm
zone
> 6 or a cool zone 7, with relatively cool summers.
>
> I can't find the previous discussion of "Tomcot", but remember
someone
> praising it for northern growers. It seems to need a pollinator,
> though, and there's only room for one tree.
>
> Any recommendations? Also, Apricots don't seem to be all that
commonly
> sold, so I'd appreciate advice on where to buy one mail order. I'm
at
> ginda@c... if you don't want to write about nurseries to the
> whole list.
>
> Thanks,