nafex - Re: [nafex] raspberries, netting, and birds

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] raspberries, netting, and birds
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 12:47:21 -0500

Ginda,
I've never had any problems with birds in the raspberries. Tomatoes and
strawberries are a different story. I visited my old house in IL last week,
where I left a big patch of Autumn Bliss raspberries. They had been
neglected (not pruned or fertilized), but the canes were still loaded with
ripe berries, although they were smaller than they should be. The birds had
not bothered them--even with no humans or a dog around to deter them. The
canes were so unbothered that there were 100's of over ripe berries on the
ground and untouched.
Doreen Howard
Wisconsin Zone 4b