nafex - Re: [nafex] earlier than YT

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] earlier than YT
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:35:08 +0000

Thanks David, that sounds like a good possibility since there was a neighbor
here in the Hollow back when it was planted, who sold trees from Stark Bros.
Maybe they really aren't large but a real good medium :-) It is an
extremely shy bearer. Lucky suggested Red Astrachan which may be more
productive than this tree is. Any tree that produces is probably more
productive than this one. ................vic

David Doud wrote:

> 30 - 40 years ago Stark Bros sold an apple named 'Starks Earliest' that
> bears resemblence to that which you describe - red striped over yellow,
> tho I don't believe I ever saw a 'large' one (all 2 1/4" to no larger than
> 3") - growth habit of the tree was what i'll call 'fine' vs 'coarse' as I
> would describe Wolf River - S E was of decent quality, considering the
> season, better to eat out of hand than Trans., required multible pickings
> and was not so remarkable as to maintain it in the variety rotation on this
> farm -

> 4) Include only pertinent comments/questions when replying to a posting and
> NOT the entire message (especially if the initial posting was large).

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M8mxkD/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM