nafex - [nafex] fruit certification and yogurt

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] fruit certification and yogurt
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:52:41 +0000

In our area a new family dairy has taken the leap and started producing
their own line of yogurt, sold in local grocery stores and doing well. They
are interested in finding their own niche, being a small family business.
They have introduced some unique flavors.
I immediatly thought of currant and blackberry.

When I approached the owner, he said he couldn't buy locally from any fruit
producer...he has to buy 'certified' fruit from minneapolis. He did'nt know
what it was just that he was required to do so.

This could be a good and interesting opportunity for us both. Is anyone
familiar with these laws and regs.? Mn. Del