nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: When to prune Hardy Kiwi and Stella Cherry

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: When to prune Hardy Kiwi and Stella Cherry
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 21:20:19 -0400

Robert
I prune summer or dormant When and if I want. There is one exception!
Never prune a Walnut when dormant, only when in full growth. They will bleed
for the longest time, I do mean long.
Before I had read this I had cut a low hanging 8 inch diameter limb from
a Carpthian walnut when it was still dormnet. It bled well into summer, but
it did survive.
Gordon C. Nofs
Flint, Michigan
gc_nofs@hotmail.com