nafex - Re: [nafex] Climate Exchange

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Climate Exchange
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 22:30:13 -0700

Don Yellman wrote:

> 1. I have noticed that many of our southern growers want to grow
> things
> like saskatoons, lingonberries, desert rhubarb, tundra and lichens,
> while northerners try to grow bananas, citrus, mangoes, guavas and
> passion fruit. This is a triumph of the human spirit.
> 2. Someday we may work out a system whereby southerners can simply
> switch locations with northerners to satisfy these urges. Switchers
> would have to agree to care for the pets, if any, that are present at
> the new locations. But not the kids. They would have to go with the
> switcher.
> 3. Maybe I'm an old poop (no, not just maybe), or maybe I just lack
> imagination, but I find myself constantly looking for fruit types and
> varieties that are perfectly adapted to my microclimate, even to the
> point of winnowing down the apple varieties to those that do spendidly
>
> right here in my little spot. I have probably ripped out more than
> half
> the things I have planted.
> 3. I think I have found a good one this year in these new thornless
> trailing blackberries, Doyle and Triple Crown. We are picking these
> things right now by the gallon, and this is their first producing
> year.
> One of these nights I will sit down and write up a comparison between
> these two --- and there are differences --- but if you live

Have you tried Apache yet?
I have not been able to find it locally yet.
I did get some Triple Crown locally this year.
Not bearing yet of course but there are a few blossoms so I may be able
to sample some.
My Chesters are going to be very productive this year.
Sam

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM