nafex - [nafex] oh feijoas!

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] oh feijoas!
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 03:49:40 +0000

The mention of feijoas sets my mouth watering with the memory being
introduced to them in New Zealand this last March. They are hedges in the
north island. My friend said "hey, these look ripe, ever eaten one?" they
were perfectly ripe. The next thing I knew we were in a feeding frenzy,
really, just out and out animal fruit lust.Must have eaten 15. Never had
that happen before. Later that week a friend offered one in his kitchen and
it was just a nice fruit to eat. nothing more. Fresh off the tree in its
natural habitat, nothing like it. Reminds me of childhood and going out
alone at dawn to see if my fathers nectarines were ripe and fresh with dew.
And relates to Mitch Lind's excellent "great moments in apple history" in
the last Pomona
You inspire me to try container growing here in Z2/3 Thanks, Del

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://promo2.yahoo.com/sbin/Yahoo!_BusinessNewsletter/survey.cgi
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM