nafex - [nafex] we're just hopeless

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] we're just hopeless
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:46:45 -0000

Donna wrote
"I am serious when I say I have yet to find a "normal" NAFEX member." "I
don't know if NAFEX can be "fixed" if it continues to consist of a bunch of
people who get a kick out of grafting and talking about fruit trees, We're
hopeless."
"And yes, I am speaking for myself, but I am including lots of NAFEXers I
know. "

I'm glad to hear it Donna, being a new nafexer I feel right at home.
I'd classify fruit grafters of forgotten varieties in difficult climates as
'hopelessly hopeful' people. Like the 86 year old Minerva we know who's
still grafting apples, will she ever taste one? Doesn't matter, she's part
of a much bigger circle. And it's just too much fun anyway. Today we harvest
our first fruit crop after 4 years of prep. A tablespoon of currants!. and
the plant from a nafexer. In four more years hopefully some apples and
plums. If it weren't fun it would'nt happen. Del