nafex - Re: [nafex] NAFEX Spokesperson?

  • From: "Gordon Nofs" <gc_nofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] NAFEX Spokesperson?
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 10:38:10 -0400

Here in Michigan, We have a PBS program called Michigan Magazine. They make
trips to various places, usually two segments per show. They have featured
some of our orchards. They just have to be notified of the potential for a
show, because they do not know what all goes on in the state and where. We
have also had large near full page articles of two members that I can think
of in the past couple years. I had a call from our local newspaper in Flint
last fall "THE FLINT JOURNAL". They wanted to know if they could talk to me
when they found that I was growing things as Pawpaws, Chestnuts, Persimmons,
Kiwis, Pecans, and all nuts etc. They did not think could be grown in mid
Michigan. So I do not know what will come of it. Someone must have told
someone there. But when they called it was after things were done with
mostly. I know that some of you are familiar with the name Roger Miller of
Eaton Rapids, MI. He had Large articles in at least three newspapers. He is
ask to talk many places and have taste test, and demos.
Gordon C. Nofs Flint, MI