nafex - Re: [nafex] Orchards and borer attack and mulch

  • From: Phil Norris <COUSINPHIL@ACADIA.NET>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Orchards and borer attack and mulch
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:07:48 -0400

Del,

He uses upholstery foam available as scraps from any upholstery shop.
He tapers the ends so they can overlap and also so the collar can be
expanded as the tree grows in diameter. Isn't amazing how every time
you turn around the trees have out grown their tag wires. When I
label my trees I put a big loop of wire around the trunk or a branch
but before I know it they are tight against the bark.

Phil
East Blue Hill Maine
Z4