nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple - Saddle Graft?

  • From: "victoria l. caron" <vicaron@gis.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple - Saddle Graft?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:22:37 +0000

Tom,
I can't quite picture what you are describing as damage, but I occasionally
do saddle grafts on apple as well as lilacs. I would guess that as long as
your graft is growing well, the union will eventually grow over and heal. In
two years, unless the top is too vigorous, you probably won't be able to tell
it was not a normal graft. If you are worried that it might dry up some, you
could always wrap some freezer wrap or surveyor's tape around it for a week
or two. Good luck, ................vic