nafex - Re: [nafex] mulberry

  • From: "H.Dessureault" <inter.verbis@atreide.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] mulberry
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 00:17:09 -0400

Hi Lucky,
I know a mulberry tree in zone 4b north of Ottawa, that is big for a mulberry and has produce mulberries for years. I don't know the variety or how the quality compares to other mulberry trees, but the owner spread a bed sheet under his tree once in a while and shakes the tree. He then separates the black ones from the red and green ones that also fall along with some leaves and twigs. His mulberry pies are quite good.

Hélène, zone 3