nafex - [nafex] Peach Leaf Curl- What to do?

  • From: Phil Norris <COUSINPHIL@ACADIA.NET>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Peach Leaf Curl- What to do?
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 20:31:13 -0400

I guess I've just been lucky until now. I've had a Reliance peach for 10
years and never had a single problem with it (unless you call 29 below zero
a problem; it's a wonder the poor thing survived). But last year I brought
in a second Reliance and now it has a bad case of Peach Leaf Curl.

I've read conflicting reports on treating this disease. One source said to
pick off all the infected leaves. Another said treat it with a fungicide
but not until November. Is there any way I can keep it from spreading to
my 10 year old tree?

Phil Norris
East Blue Hill Maine
Z4