nafex - [nafex] Sources for "lunchbox" apples(edible crabs)

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Sources for "lunchbox" apples(edible crabs)
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:20:11 -0500

NAFEXers,
I've had a cyberaquaintance, who's the nursery manager for a small retail
garden center in KS, contact me regarding availability of some of the
better 'lunchbox apples' (formerly known as edible crabs), such as Kerr,
Chestnut, Centennial, Callaway(or any others you'd care to nominate). I
suppose he's looking for a wholesale supplier of any of these selections,
though I don't think he's necessarily looking for large numbers of
trees. I'd like to throw business in the direction of NAFEX members &
friends, if at all possible.

I know Jim Cummins has Chestnut,
I've been able to locate Centennial at Raintree, Southmeadow, and Edible
Landscaping,
and Callaway at Isons & OneGreenWorld
I've only seen Kerr at OGW.
I can't put my hands on my Rocky Meadow catalog at the moment.

If y'all have other recommendations, please let me know.
Thanks,

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY