nafex - [nafex] bt.? / caccooned apples

  • From: "del stubbs" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] bt.? / caccooned apples
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 13:26:18 -0000

Man made caccoons.....my little 6" high new grafts that are just showing
leaf are now cozy and safe from harm. They're in their new 2' high tubes
made of used window screen. Just folded over the top, buried the bottom, and
nothing can get at them. For them I don't need bt or tanglefoot. When they
get up to teen age I'll just open the top and let em go.
The tent catapillars continue to show up one at a time on orchard
trees....I'm impressed with these little travelers! they have to travel on
their tiny feet over extremely rough terrain and smell out apple trees that
are 15' apart. (or a mile in catapillar language)

thanks for all the imput on GBA

Wondering if 'BT wettable powder' will have a better shelf life then the
liquid stuff? one would think so, but don't have a package to read.