nafex - Re: [nafex] tip bearing apple varieties?

  • From: John Bunker <jbunker@palermo.org>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] tip bearing apple varieties?
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 08:49:16 -0400

I've been meaning to reply to this email for a while. The Crimson
Beauty with which I'm familiar is a New Brunswicker X Fameuse made by
the great New Brunswick pomologist Francis Peabody Sharp in about 1866.
Its fruit is red, and its season is extremely early. It is still
popular in Aroostook County (Maine) where Sharp's influence (and trees)
were of great importance during the 19th century. For more information,
contact Daryl Hunter of NAFEX.

John Bunker