nafex - Re: [nafex] Ultra hardy rootstocks

  • From: Bernie Nikolai <Nikolai@v-wave.com>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Ultra hardy rootstocks
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 00:26:25 -0400 (EDT)

At 12:06 PM 6/1/01 -0000, you wrote:

>>From: Bernie Nikolai <Nikolai@v-wave.com>
>. Minimum soil temperatures at 1 ft. under the soil hit
>>-14.1C. All Siberian Crab and all Ranetka came through undamaged.
>
>Bernie, do you measure ground temperature, or are the figures you quote from
>research stations? I'm wondering what kind of thermometer is used.
>Mn. Del

Del, the temperatures are supplied by the local Alberta Provincial
Government Agricultural test station in north east Edmonton. I don't know
what kind of thermometer, but its hooked up to a computer that gives a
printout on an hourly basis if you want it at several debths. I usually
only want the absolute minimum temperatures reached in the root zone, say 6
to 18 inches deep.
Bernie