nafex - Re: [nafex] Raspberries...melons

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Raspberries...melons
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 07:59:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

In my experience green peppers love sulfur and produce a good crop when
sulfur is added to the soil.

My guess is that green peppers like their soil a little acidic, and the
sulfur acidifies the soil. Just my guess.

I usually just mix up a gallon of lime/sulfur spray (dormant
concentration level) and water in my pepper plants with it when planting.
Some people just plane a couple of unlit, wooden matches under each plant
(the old style matches have sulfur in them).

Since your blueberries are most likely in acidic soil anyway, you may be
ahead of the game if you use green peppers.

Can anyone confirm acid soil for green peppers, or is it some other aspect
to sulfur that induces bumper crops of green peppers?

Tom

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a